Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Ode to the tools of the trade!


Quick post to say thanks to the can of varnish I’ve used for most my models to date:

AH Matte Sealer, you served me well. 

This can of Armory brand matte sealer has lasted over 25 years! However last night it reached the end of its service (ran out of varnish). Thank you can of armory sealer! 

In related news thank you to the reading glasses that just broke. 

Broke between the two colors... so buying solid colors going forward. 

Funny, I didn’t need these until I came back to the hobby. Trying to paint is what made me realize I got old since last picking up the brush. So I’ve had these since like 2019 when I started painting again? Not a bad run for a cheap pair of readers. 

Ok, more models soon. You can see some in the background that I was sealing. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh! Both of them need a Viking funeral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the can more than the glasses. They were good, but a poor design. I actually like my new ones quite a bit more. Lighter, flexible, and came in a 5 pack!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Suber, although will be can explode if it's floated out to sea on a burning pyre? Sadly all the best tools need replacing at some time. Sounds as if they've done well, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For safety (and fact that I can't have an open fire in town limits), we'll just say we gave them a proper sendoff. They've done well, but everything eventually comes to an end.

      Delete