Thursday, November 10, 2022

Captain Mogran's Mercenaries for Hire


I'll edit this with a picture of the full force later... just wanted to finish for now.

I went and gave all these guys names... but then I forget who's who. So this post is really to keep me organized, but for anyone else who's interested. It will be linked at the top of the blog for future reference. - Enjoy!

Figgrot, Captain Mogran, and one of Mogran's many pets.

  • Figgrot - just a goblin who's proved himself handy with a gun.
  • Captain Mogran - Former warboss turned mercenary. Finds it much more fun to fight for wealth than trying to control a huge territory. 
  • A squig they call lemon. 
Black Crak'in
  • Black Crak'in - not the captain, but are YOU going to take the hat from him? 
Shakbag, Brom the Broken, Grubrot, and Zodgul
  • Shakbag - a goblin scavenger
  • Brom the Broken - long time companion to Mogran and second in command
  • Grubrot - medic
  • Zodgul - Senor mechanic/tech for the crew
McOrk, Conrok, Rambork, Waaughker
  • McOrk - ork gunner
  • Conork - Minder in charge of keeping Black Crak'in on task
  • Rambork - an ork with a heavy plasma cannon looted from some adventure
  • Waaughker - just a boy and his shotgun
Skabslag, Zod, and Skiz
  • Skabslag - junior mechanic/tech
  • Zod - Another pet of Mogran's; he's a very good boy
  • Skiz - A sneaky goblin who's treated like an ork among the group
Fizz, Skif, Zitsy, Gritz

Scavengers - because just getting paid isn't enough to keep going.
  • Fizz - a goblin scavenger
  • Skif - the self proclaimed leader of the goblin scavengers; and does a well enough job that Mogran allows it.
  • Zitzy - a goblin scavenger
  • Gritz - a goblin scavenger
Runt
  • Runt - Mogran is always accepting of goblins to the group. He has always found them very useful. As thus, there's always a "Runt" of the group... at least until they earn a better name

8 comments:

  1. They're looking great. I like the way the colours unify the unit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was worried painting them a year apart, but it worked out well!

      Delete
  2. I like a lot of the character of the old sculpts but I sure don't miss that ork power fist on Brom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daveb! I don't mind the power fist, in fact I really wanted to use it on one of them. I don't consider it a power fist though. Just a bionic replacement arm for Brom.

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking and characterful warband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Orks should have a lot of color. Suber's work taught me that!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I wasn't really aware of the size of your warband! I feel humbled by your mention on the comment above, I do believe your work is pretty awesome and you really got an eye for the right colors!! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! For me this whole thing is about encouraging each other have more fun in the hobby. So I always make sure to mention my influences. Your work is close to my own style, so I'm always mining things from your site!

      Delete