Monday, June 13, 2022

Another Drone - Servo Skull

 Dr. Mathias of Dr. Mathias's Miniature Gaming Extravaganza recently posted that this past Saturday was #ServoSkullSaturday... so here's a quick post for my entry:

Note, I'll update with better pictures as soon as I have the time. 

I like these sorts of challenges/events. You may recall my participation in Orktober last year. I find it gives a great deadline, and gets me painting something I hadn't really intended. In fact I'm working on some models for the #JusticeforGary event from the oldhammer facebook page. This one simply has you paint up a model sculpted by Gary Morley between June 1st and 30th. Gary himself will pick his favorite, and there's a prize. Really I'm just in it for the fun of painting something I hadn't even considered before. More on that in a future post. 

Back to the skull: I have two just sitting in a box with some of my other mid 2000's Deamonhunter models, so why not paint one up for the challenge? I went with a traditional skull color, but then put my universe spin on it buy making the trim pieces white. Highlighted it with some fun Greens and Blues. I really like it. 

After a quick paintjob, we have another drone for the collection! Cheers to a challenge completed!

6 comments:

  1. Nice little addition to the collection!

    I do love watching the painting challenges that come up as it never ceases to amaze me what folks can do with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I agree, they are fun! My Gary Morley models should arrive today, so I have half the month to get them complete. Considering my output this weekend... shouldn't be a problem!

      Delete
  2. Really nice! I particularly like the green. Does it come on a stand or did you add it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was super happy with it. A little nod to the Star Trek Borg.

      The 2000's servo skulls came like that. One molded piece with a tab. So just glue it in place and get painting.

      Delete
  3. Haha, there's something inherently appealing about servo skulls, you can never have enough of them! Nice job, pal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! It's funny, there's so many skulls these days in 40k that I'm just over them. (Probably why I'm more drawn to Rogue Trader models) However, there is something appealing about the servoskull. I briefly considered painting it a different color... red or something... but I'm glad I didn't. Now I want to paint more!

      Delete