Sunday, March 6, 2022

Indigenous Life Forms

The untamed planet of Locust 5 is home to all sorts of indigenous life forms. Among them are the scouts of the Saffron Tribes. These low tech tribes have used their psychic gifts to help them see a better path. That there is more to gain by acting as guides to prospectors who arrive to their planet than fighting against them. 

A couple of bounty hunters broker a deal with some local scouts. 

Knocked a few quick models out this week. Meant for more background NPC types... but cool effective models in my opinion. More after the break.

The first four models are Zykhee from the Vor the Maelstrom line. I found them when I was searching for more of the pirates, and figured they'd make good locals or background models in games of Stargrave. They are mainly done with contrast colors... just a few highlights here and there. All in all a quick but effective paint job to get them onto the table. 

Added some face paint markings to make them a little more distinctive. 

Their wraps are a blue/green contrast covered by tan contrast.

I wanted to stay away from Grey's and Blue's because it’s over done. Their inspiration is an episode of Star Wars: Clone Wars. 

These two were the same model, so I added a hood from green stuff. Then I bent the model a bit.

Some color variation here too in the greens used for the cloth. Hard to see in the pic. 

While I was at it, I painted up this little guy to join them. He's an Orrox from Alternative Armies, and I'll be honest with you: I thought he'd be a lot bigger. In the end I'm glad he isn't though. 

I tried to stipple his plates with contrast, but it all ran together. I still like the look.

Easier to see the blue in the scenic pic. 

I was looking for something exotic for this guy. My buddy said blue fur like Beast from X-men. My wife said give him a green shell. Excellent suggestions because he turned out great! 

Working on a few more beast I've had entirely too long... more on them soon!

6 comments:

  1. I didn't know these minis and they are quite interesting. Pretty nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a ton of lines I missed while I was out of the hobby. It's fun exploring them!

      Delete
  2. Hey, great paint jobs here and a fun read, I've book marked this blog fir future reading! (btw, this is Strawfoot... found my way here from your post over on Twitter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by as well as the kind words!

      Delete