Sunday, February 27, 2022

I am the Calvary - Cult Heavy support

As I begin to prepare for some new projects, I’m trying to finish off a few that have sat far too long. So this week I took some time to finish off another member of the Devil's Adders. 

While surveillance caught this image of the Snatcher Devil, there were no survivors to question. 

I conceived the model back in 2018 when playing the previous version of Killteam. I needed a cultist with an autocannon, so I pulled out some bits. The model is a plastic Catachan trooper, who I gave a modified Ork shoota to act as the autocannon. Then added some green stuff genestealer parts. 

Gun was too big... in June 2019!

I liked the model, except for the gun. It’s why I never finished him. Then a new edition came out just as I worked out the improved gun. That said, all things should be finished, so here he is. The coloring is pretty standard for my cultists, except I mixed some skin colors to give him something between genestealer and human. 

Still huge, but I like the design better. 

In a very 80's way, I dub him Suppressinator! 

While I was at it, I received a genestealer from a friend. His friend had gifted him some old models, and he passed a few to me. The lone stealer was painted, but not in colors close enough to mine. I like variation, but it was too far off. So I applied a few contrast colors and some highlights. I’m really happy with the outcome! A few more and we’ll need to plan a big hunt. 

The original: nice paint job, but a bit worse for ware for sure. 

Doesn't show in the photo was well, but the colors really pop.

Very happy with the results!



7 comments:

  1. Loving the conversion! It's simple but effective and should give your cult a bit of heavy firepower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've used a stand in for way too many games. Nice to finally have a finished model to assume the role!

      Delete
  2. Hey, that's pretty nice! I like the conversion a lot, as well as the paintjob. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! I really like the guy's headscarf. Those old stealer miniatures have aged very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The singular pose annoys me a bit... arms out and all... but they still look good.

      Delete