Friday, May 10, 2024

Large Canvas - More Terrain

So I've been sitting on this post for nearly a year! Just never got around to finishing it up. It was quite a year for me however, so I completely forgive myself. Let's just finally get back to it... some new miniature terrain:

Note: I played around with some lighting and a background. I ended up ordering one more light for the setup. Hopefully this works better for improved photography!

First up is this shed. I picked it up two years ago at Historicon along with a few other pieces yet to be worked on. It was painted, but very flat. Let's improve upon that a bit?

I remembered to take a pic of the flatness before I washed this side.

I stared by simply throwing a few washes and a drybrush onto it. Once that was done then weathered down the metals a bit. Much more of a match to my collection now! 


Next up was a bit of scatter terrain I had laying around for a bit. The dumpster and the pallet come from Death Ray Designs, and I added a few 3D printed barrels I got for free with the shipping crates I painted last year. I threw some colors onto both, and then weathered them down. I went pretty far with the weathering on the dumpster; but I have a lot of experience with them so I used that to make it a bit more realistic.




Finally, I have this food shipping crate. I was building some of my MDF terrain as I started feeling better, and my buddy dropped a few of these off for the pile. They aren't quite our usual style, but they'll be fun to have. I gave it some fun colors and weathered it a bit. Good enough for some scatter terrain!


I'm glad to have stuff laying around like this. Makes it a bit easier to keep hobbying as I continue to heal up. Also breaks up the projects enough to keep me energized! On to the next project!


6 comments:

  1. Nice collection of scenic gubbins and suitably grubby! Perfect for small skirmishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's the goal, just a bunch of modular pieces for some great skirmish games!

      Delete
  2. These look very good. The dumpster is suitably filthy! They'll be really good for small-scale games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! All dumpsters are filthy when you start looking. Paint doesn't last long on them!

      Delete
  3. Pretty nice! These will add a lot of depth in any game, well done!

    ReplyDelete