Monday, January 22, 2024

Getting Big by Going Small - Full Spectrum Dominance

After a very long hiatus at the painting table; I return with something huge, by going small:

Some test colors for Full Spectrum Dominance units.


So other than a handful of Battletech, I've pretty much stuck with 28mm miniatures. Sure I was introduced to the hobby at 15mm; but 28mm skirmish games were my happy place. Then I stumbled upon the small scale skirmish game called Full Spectrum Dominance (FSD). Now I'm painting lots of tiny vehicles and troops and having a blast doing it. It's like playing with Micromachines and Mega Force from when I was a kid. So here's a dive into what I've done so far:



I'm calling these conglomerate units the "Mifune Corporation". You get 100 bonus points if you know where the camo pattern came from. I went with a snow theme for these guys because I was planning on doing snow terrain for Frostgrave, and now I can double up.




Had to do a mech. This one is a mercenary, and I started with the yellow and said tiger stripes would look cool and garish for a merc. Perfect!



These are some Union units. I love how they are obviously re-purposed heavy construction equipment with an exposed gunner. So I painted them that way. 



Finally we have more Conglomerate troops. I went with a MARS corporation theme, and I really like how they look in the snow. What do corporate troops need camo for? We have superior technology and fire power. This is what I'll be moving forward with. 

As you could see in my anniversary preview, there's plenty more tiny stuff to come. Back at it soon!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not familair with the game, but I love the design of the minis and I think your paintjob makes them stand out (no idea of the camo pattern though!). I love them, please bring more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. It's a cool game that just finished it's second campaign over on My Mini Factory. They are getting published by Modiphious this year though, so you're sure to see more of it. More tiny stuff to come for sure. I have a bunch of things finished or almost finished from another company, and a whole lot of printed FSD to get to soon!

      Delete
  2. I don't know the game at all but I think the models look pretty cool. Nice painting, especially on the mech!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toby. I think they look better in person... I'm still trying to figure out taking pictures. These look pretty dark.

      Delete
  3. Lovely looking figures and the bases really make them pop! I'll have to have a look at the rules at some point as a 6mm skirmish game sounds brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like it's pretty great! Cool activation method and the units have cards to work from. That said I haven't' had a chance to play yet.

      Delete