Monday, October 31, 2022

October Terrain

Finished up a little piece of terrain the other day. It's some sort of boiler, or tank... or something. Just glad to fit in something to keep up with the monthly terrain output.

Random tank that looks industrial... check!


The parts are primarily from Ramshackle Games, a couple of parts I added onto an order knowing eventually they'd be useful for a project. I was trying to come up with a few scatter terrain pieces, and threw the tank on a base. I think it was originally for the back of a vehicle. I added what I think is supposed to be an exhaust stack to the blank side. Then I just needed some sort of pipe stand. The little shipping stop from my Dog's medicine worked out perfect and I just combined that with some tubing. The base was fitted with plastic mesh and sand so it can fit with more themes. 

The drops are expensive... glad I got some extra use from them.

Painting was quick. I did a zenithal black undercoat with a white highlight using spray cans. Got a military green contrast all over, and a lighter green drybrush highlight . I gave it a little weathering and finished up the base as usual. Quick, but fun with a satisfyingly outcome!

Same shot, with paint!

Rear shot, don't mind the leak.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome looking piece of scatter terrain and would make a good objective in a game to boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it would make a great objective! Now just to play some games...

      Delete
  2. It's quite simple, and it looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I find simple is better with terrain. It's background flavor.

      Delete