Saturday, January 8, 2022

One year Anniversary!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had wonderful holidays. Speaking of, it's time to celebrate one last time for my blog's one year anniversary! So let's review the year:

Stats: 7 models converted, 39 models painted, 1 game played. 


Not really what I was hoping for when I started the blog, but not terribly bad for a pandemic with only a single game played. Just no real drive to get projects completed. However on the plus side I spent quite a bit of time organizing my painting area and upgrading my supplies. Should make for a more productive 2022! Now onto the recap:
The first thing painted were three members of The Devil's Adders, my 2018 Killteam:

Trust me, the pics get better...

Over the summer I painted a bunch of Battletech robots from the starter kits:

Rock'em Sock'em

Just in time for the new Killteam, I finished up some models for my 2018 Killteam Guardian Angels Recon Team Delta:

Of course they are scouts!

I also completed two other Guardian Angels I found prepped up from years past:

No clue what they were originally prepped for.

Following a Challenge from fellow blogger airbornegrove26, I painted up my own version of the Sarge Rockhard model:
Rockhard!

I knew this year I wanted to participate in Orktober. So over a few sessions I painted up Captain Mogran and his Space Ork crew:

The crew, breaking into the hold of some ship.

I painted up a test model for some Stargrave Pirate forces:

The first of many!

Then I painted up a few more villains to use in Stargrave:

Bounty Hunters and a pet? 

And last but not least, a few beasts I'm calling metal eating "Scrap Apes":

Great grape apes!

I really liked my output, just was hoping to do more. So, what's up for year two? I have a few smaller projects I'd like to knock out:

  • More pirates! I have had five more pirates base-coated on my desk for over a month. The holidays and a household bout of COVID put a hold on things. Maybe soon?
  • More crew for Captain Mogran! Picked up a few more Space Orks to join the crew to give me a few more options in Stargrave.
  • The last two members of The Devil's Adders. They've been floating around for a while. Killteam 2018 may have been replaced (in other homes anyway), but I still want to finish up that team.
There's always plenty of other ideas, and several kickstarters that have shown up... so we'll just have to see what the year brings. Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome work and congratulations! its a really nice collection for the year and I look forward to seeing what you come up with this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SpacecowSmith, and thanks for all the inspiration throughout the year. I'm looking forward to what we both come up with in 2022!

      Delete
  2. Happy new year and congrats! Well, it looks like a good year to me! In hobby terms at least! You made some pretty good works and you shared the enthusiasm, so that's great! Here's to the next year! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber, and thanks for all the encouragement! The enthusiasm will continue into 2022 for sure!

      Delete
  3. Good work! I particularly like the Stargrave guy and the pink apes. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the next few months. There's a cool range of stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toby. I have a bunch of odds and ends prepped and ready to go. Just need to get back to the table and sling some paint.

      Delete