Sunday, February 20, 2022

Stargrave - Pirate Trooper part 2

Hello! Took a few weeks off for a verity of things, but now I’m back at the hobby desk! To start the year off, I finished off a few more pirates to fill out the random encounter table of Stargrave:

The reports said a ship may have landed just behind those rocks...

The Crimson Fang pirate clan is known to operate in the Locust Sector of space. One of the more militaristic clans of the region, they seem to enjoy nothing more than to keep their sector in chaos. Almost as if their leaders simply dislike any sort of established rule…

The first three new pirate troopers are more union soldiers from Vor the Maelstrom, sculpted by Kev Adams. They were painted up the same way as the test model I did back in October. Still really like how they came out!



They definitely needed some heavy support, so when picking up some Vor models I snagged these Neo Soviet Power Armor troops. They may be from a different faction, but I felt since they are in power armor it didn’t matter much. In Stargrave terms they’ll be Pirate Shock Troopers.


The color pallet is the same as the troopers, but I varied the placement so it was more in line with the Crimson Guard Immortal action figure from the G.I.Joe line (just armored crimson guard). I think the colors pull them together nicely. 


That should be enough for some games of Stargrave. However I really like the look of these guys. I could absolutely see myself using them as their own crew, or definitely in some games of Space Weirdos! Fortunately I have some more Vor models in the collection… so look for more Crimson Fang pirates to join the ranks down the road! 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome looking force!

    Its great to see some old VOR figures getting used and I'm really looking forward to seeing how you get on with Stargrave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for introducing me to them! There are some real gems in the line. More coming soon!

      Delete
  2. They really rock! Of course you can never go wrong with Crimson Guard, but these look really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! G.I. Joe had some goofy uniforms... but also a lot of gems. I'm sure I'll be using more for inspiration!

      Delete