Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Searching the Stars - Eldar Adventuring Party Part 2

 As the Summer of Eldar comes to an end, I'm pleased to present to you the Eldar adventurer Niten Starsearcher and his crew of exodites!

Starsearcher and company search some ruins for ancient artifacts.

If you need a reminder of the builds, check it out over here: Part 1 Link.

Rinnadar Starsearcher - Starsearcher is a former Warlock; who left their craftworld to follow an unfavorable vision. Now an Eldar adventurer, they search the stars with a crew of companions seeking out the contents of that vision. 

With neuro pistol and some sort of artifact. 

I had originally thought to paint the model up with red robes so they could be from the Saim-Hain craftworld. Maybe that's still the case! However inspiration struck and I switched some blue robes modeled after one of my favorite comic hero's: Usagi Yojimbo. To complete the look there are back dots all over the robe.

Backpack for all the things the crew finds.

Ver`rotz - This centaur alien owes a life debt to the Starsearcher and now faithfully follows them on their quest as a sort of first mate. The model is from a Facebook group I'm, and it's intended as a Zoat proxy. I have a Zoat model I wanted to use it from the start. However I would have had to convert it extensively to make it fit my vision. Since it's my only Zoat, I chose not to do that. Luckily I ran into these models which already seemed to fit. They are wearing more normal adventuring equipment (not tyranid weapons), and are a bit smaller to fit in with the crew.

The tech crewmate. What's the gun? Fancy.

For the skin I went with the traditional Zoat greens. The rest of the model was painted up to match the crew. Interesting note: this was the first model I base coated. I gave him a red vest but didn't like it. So I painted over that with blue to get the purple vest. It became the new contrasting color for the crew. 

"Did you turn it off and on again?"

Halmar and Olilee - While one is some sort of bug alien, I consider these my Eldar Exodites. They are from a Maiden world who has a symbiotic relationship with these aliens. Starsearcher now uses their settlement as a place to resupply. Since these two were friends of Starsearcher, they have decided to join in the adventures.

Olilee the alien and Halmar the elf.

I decided just to go all in with purple on these guys. It's a nice blend, but also gives them some variation. I painted up the rest of the models with the same base colors as the crew. The robes both received some vaguely kimono style patterns to match up with the theme of their leader. 

More some-what fancy patterns.

Congules- A retired gladiator who found new purpose in life as a bodyguard to the adventurer. 

Champion of the four arenas!

I went with white fur on this guy. I've always liked the look of the evil apes in Congo, so I thought a white ape would look cool and blend well. I painted up the helmet in a blue to match the crew, and gave it some lines to make it look a bit more menacing. Finally I gave him a gold belt buckle; he's a champion after-all.  A very cool model and I plan to paint more apes soon!

He needed a gun too. Just in case.

BONUS MODELS:

Prince Eylindil - The model is Sprangdryll from the Space Scrappers line by Skull & Crown. He's not intended as part of the adventuring party, but I painted him up while I was at it. The whole line has been waiting since I received the Kickstarter, so I figured this was a good jumping off point. 

An ice prince - may or may not sing.

I started off with the white Armor for the prince. I wanted something regal and elegant. Then I added some frosty colors using some of the new contrast colors. I finished it all up with a green cape. Seemed to fit the other colors the best. He's a really cool model and I'm glad to have him compete!

I was going to do a pattern on the cloak... but wasn't sure what. 

Eldar Assassin - finally another model I picked up from FB was this rogue trader inspired Eldar model. I immediately thought it looked like an assassin, and wanted to paint it up that way. I had intended to paint it up in a dark blue like a ninja... but I grabbed the wrong contrast color! I am however very happy with how it turned out, as it now has a shade that is reminiscent of the Alai Mercenaries. Perhaps it's one of their shadow soldiers? Since it's an assassin, it's not talking much!







8 comments:

  1. Great looking team. I like the little design accents on the robes/gowns.The varied races working together have a fun oldschool vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daveb! The very first thing I wanted was a ragtag crew with different backgrounds. Thrilled how they turned out! I have some ideas on how to expand their ranks too... but first a few other crews.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! Standing ovation! I love how charming do they all look. Oh, what a group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! If they hire the Alai Mercenaries then I can play all sorts of games with this crew :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome little warband!

    They're a really characterful looking force and I love the conversions on the Warlock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SCS! I picked up the warlock already hacked up, so it started the whole conversion process!

      Delete
  4. They look very good - I really like the oldschool feel. The conversions are very nice and the samurai look fits them. Bonus points for anything involving zoats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toby! I should paint more of the Zoats in that case. Need all the bonus points :)

      Delete