Sunday, May 28, 2023

Walling up the Compound - Fogou Scatter Terrain

Since I'm still healing up, I find myself at the painting desk a bit more. So sometimes you just look over at the shelf and see what's something that's just asking for paint. In this case I grabbed some short walls from Fogou Models. You can never have too much scatter terrain after-all!

Our heroes duck behind cover as the wild beasts descend on their position.

I got these short walls along with the Shack Me Up terrain when I backed the Kickstater. Yes, I still have to paint that stuff... but now that we've reached the warmer months of spring I plan to get to them soon! For now this will have to do. 


Fogou's terrain is a blast to paint. Great details, and very smooth to prime up and paint. I really just let the colors talk for themselves. The cinderblock needed to be grey, and I mixed in some blue, red, and black 55 gallon drums as they are the most common colors. Then I weathered it all down with metals and rust colors; and finished with a light grey drybrush over everything. 

Drums in the most common real world colors: Black, Blue, and Red.


I'm really happy with it. I guess I could have done some posters or graffiti; but they are short walls, and scenery. I'm just happy with they are painted for the table now! 


Red barn door, because why not?

NOTE: about a day or two after I finished these, Fogou posted teasers for it's next kickstarter! They are doing Mud Brick Starter 2 - terrain perfect for your favorite desert setting be it historical, or in a galaxy far far away. Go check it out and maybe support one of my favorite terrain companies: 



2 comments:

  1. Well, you have reasons to be happy, that's for sure! All the pieces look ace!

    ReplyDelete