Sunday, November 7, 2021

Hitting the Mark

With the completion of the Ork crew I've been trying to do a steady supply of building. My favored primers are all spray cans, so we're getting to the part of the year where we need to button things up. The more I get built and primed now, the longer I can progress through the winter. 

Galaxy's most wanted

That said, sometimes the urge strikes you to do something different. I had such a great time with the Orks that I decided to knock out a few enemies for them to fight. 

First up is a model from Northstar Figures. Originally a model from the Rogue Stars line, he looked like he could be a goblin I decided to jump on him. I see him as a bounty hunter so I painted him up a bunch of contrast colors: Basilicanum grey for the clothing, Aethermatic blue for the skin, and Apothecary white to make his gun stand out. A few highlights later and he was all ready to hunt. 

He reminds me a bit of Rocket Raccoon

Next up is a fantastic figure from Alternative Armies. Known as Oggum Oggra, I ran into this model when ordering some of the infantry I'm using as pirates. I knew he'd fit in perfectly as a villain in solo games of Stargrave or the like. As for colors... in my mind there was only ever one choice:

Artwork from an early Legend of Zelda game.

Gannon had to be the inspiration. He's an alien, so when else would I ever get to paint up a blue pig? So I broke out the contrast paints and blocked out his coloring. It wasn't too long before I was really happy with how this was working out. 

Any Princesses around here?

Finally, we have this doggo. My buddy dropped him off all based up and ready for some paint, so I have no idea where he came from. I did some searches, but still came up blank. If anyone knows please let me know! Edit: Turns out he's an old Chainmail Miniatures Game hellhound. I swore I searched for that...

Grrowl!

He got some very quick contrasts of grey, black, and red. A few highlights later and he was done. Quick, but a little plain, so I added some stripes to him just to give him a little more character. I'll likely use him as a warp hound in Stargrave. Looks like he could be leaping from a shadow!

Battlefield face-off. 

So there you go! Three villains for some upcoming games. Now back to building before it gets any colder. 



2 comments:

  1. Hey, those are charming! Well, in a sort of way, you know! Pretty nice use of those different blues, I really like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Thanks for the kind words. I'm really happy with them.

      Delete