Monday, October 4, 2021

Orktober 2021 - First Greenskin

It's Orktober! A concept I've really loved since I started reading all these miniature blogs. So I figured I would join in and participate in the celebration of all things green!

"Runt?!? I'll show them!"
When I started in the hobby, there weren't any Ork players in my little gaming group. So it became an army I never really got into more than reading about them. So it wasn't until 1997's Gorkamorka that I finally got interested in the green horde... or at least a small mob anyway. I had all these plans for many different mobs, and eventually settled on a mob of Rebel Grots. I even went about collecting a decent collection of goblin bits. Unfortunately that's as far as they got, and they sat in the Gorkamorka box in storage. 

For this Orktober, all that changes, and I present you my first ever green skin: a goblin!


Ok, so this monopose goblin isn't all that impressive. However there's a method to my madness. Since I never painted a greenskin, I wanted some practice before getting to something more impressive. I have a few of these guys in my collection, so messing one up wasn't too much of a worry. 

For his skin I saw Axiom refer to the tutorial at on The Lost and the Very Damned. I was going to follow it... but I didn't have the correct base brown. Instead I started with Bone White, which ended up with a very bright Ork color. If he wasn't a gobo I'd be more disappointed, but I really like how he looks. His pants are a dirty orange, which I picked as a base color as I imagine they were looted from some space hulk wreck. The rest of him is filled out with various tans and browns, and of course a not well kept rusty gun. I'm pretty happy with how he came out! 

Now for a sneak preview: Return later this month to see what friends are hiding in the dip!

Thank you LA's Totally Awesome!


2 comments:

  1. Haha, that's pretty nice! Oh, it's Orktober indeed! I hadn't even noticed! F***, I better do something about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m here because of you, and the other bloggers Suber! I’m sure you have something just sitting around…

      Delete