Friday, May 24, 2024

Trident Consortium - Tiny Vehicles!

The Trident Consortium was founded by three smaller companies that found it adventitious to combine resources. This allowed them to stabilize their standing against ruthless takeover or being crushed by the pirate fleets. This has allowed them not only to survive, but to thrive in a new post empire era. 

As promised last post (and months ago when I first showed off some Full Spectrum Dominance stuff), we went tiny!

After painting up the first round of tiny vehicles I decided I had so much fun with a different scale I had to keep going. Not wanting to wait for things to print; I started going through boxes to see what was laying around. The easiest thing to start basing up was the Deathray Designs stuff I had. While it was purchased as off-casts for battlefield terrain, I was able to find a few pieces in good shape to utilize for this project. So first up a tank and a pair of trucks:


You'll see everything is utilizing a color pattern of blues and grey's. This was originally used for one of my two Battletech forces I painted a few years ago. I flushed out the story to have them part of the Trident Consortium, and even made a little logo to go with it so I could mark the vehicles:

The Trident Consortium Logo

Next up were some of the pile of super tiny troopers I had. I based them up and gave them something to hide behind. Just to make the bases a little more scenic. At first I was really scared to paint them up... but once I got started I realized it's not so bad. They are so tiny you can't see many details. So base color, wash, highlights, and a spot color. Very easy and I really like how the blue pops out from the snow basing. 


Next up I went through the remaining parts to try to build a few mechs. I was able to build two (one is pending some green stuff to patch a hole), and this one really shows my love of Gundam. Why don't more mech designs include tank treads? 



Finally we come to a piece I've been waiting years to paint up. It started as this:


Yes, it's a gumball machine mech (or gachapon). I don't even remember when I got this thing, but I've held onto it for years. It finally got some paint; and while the arm position looks a bit weird, I think it fits perfectly with the Trident forces. 



So what's next? Not sure... there's quite a bit in the works. So I guess we'll all see next post!

4 comments:

  1. Those are very nice. I like the shading on the blue particularly. I've never been very into mech games but the designs are cool, especially the trucks and the bot with tracks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The tank bot is something I threw together from bits. Full Spectrum Dominance is a mix of vehicles and some armies have mechs. So it has a little for everyone.

      Delete
  2. Hey, I see some interesting designs, and I totally love your paintjob. That blue is magnificent, and you made quite a hell of a job here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! You asked for more tiny stuff and I delivered. Finally. HA!

      Delete