Friday, May 17, 2024

Just a Couple of Bots

Just a small update this week. Another couple of models that was painted months ago, but finally make their debut here:


The little blue bot is from Mammoth Miniatures. It was a 3D file that the printers had some problems with when it was made a little bigger. In the end I just wanted to paint it. Not a horrible thing to have a smaller security bot! 



Second is a yellow cube bot. This was inspired by the creator Ben aka apocrypha_now on instagram. You may know him better by his games Tonks! or Bangarang which he co created with Bill Making Stuff on Youtube. He also has a Mork Borg book called Yellow Cube, which has inspired an artistic style. Basically, build something, but the focal point is a yellow cube. 

I had seen this for months on instagram, and one day it dawned on me "why not a robot?" So I took a yellow wooden cube, glued some off cast bits from Deathray Designs, and painted it up. I quite like him! A bit big for 28 mm... but he's a robot! So lets go!



Ok that's it for now. Next time we go tiny. Really tiny. 

4 comments:

  1. Those are cool. I really like the yellow cube robot: you've incorporated the yellow box really nicely. Will there be more robots?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toby! There will always be more robots in my collection!

      Delete
  2. I like them both! It's fun to see how such a basic shape as a cube can turn into something so interesting! But the blue one is truly cool, I like the design; it looks a little bit fragile on the legs, but it somehow looks menacing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue one is a little fragile, in fact his legs broke right after he finished cleaning processing. I am super happy with the cube though! Need to get more stuff onto the table that's not me clearing out some old toys... ha!

      Delete