Sunday, August 8, 2021

Guardian Angels - Bonus Posting

 When I jumped back into the hobby, I found a box of things I had been working on. There was a genestealer cultist with a flamer, and a whole lot of marines in progress. The cultist has been finished, so it was time to clear out a few other projects. I give you, the pointing sergeant and a marine with multi-melta:

Target acquired!

The pointing marine was created from an old second edition plastic marine. I'm don't remember why I green stuff'ed a pointing finger on him... but there he was. He was pretty quick to paint up, and was given 4th company 10th squad markings, as well as a red stripe. I wanted him to stand out as a sergeant more, and while his pads are reversed it's hard to see the black/purple combo. This will certainly help, and I may have to do the same for another non-veteran sergeant I have painted up. (My veteran sergeants have white helmets). 


The other marine was a marine with multi-melta. I remember I was playing them using Salamander rules, so there are a lot of flamers and melta weapons among the Guardian Angels. Having no clue where this guy was supposed to end up, I saw my 4th company 6th squad was only 5 man strong and had no heavy weapon. So he was given their markings and joined up with his squad. 


It's nice getting these guys done and into the case. I'm not sure I'll ever run a full army again, but they were quick to paint up, and will help fill out the shelf. One day I may even finish up some of the Guardian Angel's other projects that were in the works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment