Thursday, June 24, 2021

Prepping a Return

Hi all! It's been a while. Got a bunch of stuff done around the house; but not so much in the hobby realm. Part of the lack of updates was because of the housework taking all my weekend energy. Some of it was a return to work travels. A lot of it was lack of motivation due to a lack of games... but all that is changing!

At least they look nice sitting there...

Throughout all this work I've continued to read rules, and plan out some campaigns with a friend. Of course... purchasing hasn't stopped either. I've collected quite a few new models with anticipation of running a Stargrave campaign. In the next few weeks I should start rolling out some na're-do-wells, beasts, and other fun for that campaign. 

But before all that, I took some time to clean up the hobby area. It helped that we completed the new sun room off the back of the house. Since the bar will move out there, so will a lot of the basement furniture and glassware. So I had some empty shelves in the one corner that I moved my hobby table into. I even bought another paint sorter which is helping to shape up the spot. 

Always trying to improve the efficiency

While I was at it I decided the paint mixer my friend had come in handy, so i was time to grab my own. He had a surplus lab mixer, but those are far too expensive for my needs. After a bunch of research, and mulling over how much I trust ebay sellers from China with few reviews... I got the one below from Amazon. Combined with some Army Painter agitators, hopefully I can revive some of these older paint pots I have sitting around. 

A tattoo ink mixer - I'll review it after some use. 

So now build mode has begun. I'm excited as some of these beasts should be pretty quick to paint up once I get them together. I'm also going to try my first go with some instant molding... wish me luck!


4 comments:

  1. Huzzah!

    Good to see you back posting! I look forward to seeing how your Stargrave campaign goes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lot's of plotting going on, just nothing really to post. Should get rolling this week though!

      Delete
  2. I have a soft spot for hobby shelves, so I've just spent some time looking at the first pic :D
    Looking nice, hope you get into hobby mode!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Suber, do I need to post some close-ups for you? Hopefully I can fill it out soon, and then maybe talk the wife into a third case. ;)

      Delete