Friday, March 8, 2024

Thank you Akira Toriyama


Just wanted to take a quick note to say thank you to Akira Toriyama, who sadly passed away on March 1st. Famously the creator and artist of things like Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z, Toriyama was wildly influential in the greater acceptance of both Manga and Anime in the united states. 

To me he was even more influential to me personally. His work inspired me to continue to play with artistic ventures through my early adulthood, especially after finding out he was the artist behind some of my favorite video games: Chrono Trigger and the Dragon Quest franchise. It's honestly a foundation of why I play games and paint miniatures to this day.

My Favorite cover. A shame it was changed for USA.

It's funny that since I'm continuing to have some issues with my back, I decided to start re-playing Dragon Ball Xenoverse just the other day as I rest up on the couch. Now completing that game will mean a bit more, knowing one of my favorite artists has passed. Then in April I can look forward to playing a game based on another of his works: Sand Land.

So a huge heartfelt thank you to you Mr. Toriyama. You may be gone, but your influence on this world will continue on forever. 



Edit: This video of the Salaryman is me.



2 comments: