Friday, February 17, 2023

A Few Unrelated Figures

No one is ever truly safe in the Locust Sector of space. Corruption is everywhere. So believe me when I say, sometimes when a bounty hunter has captured a member of the clergy... it may be for the greater good.

A couple of bounty hungers face off against some robots in the junk fields.

It's been a slow start to the 2023 paint year. Much of it do to a problem with my sciatic nerve... but you don't want to hear about that. You're here for these four miniatures I painted. 

Next on the block was my space ape command crew. I was still thinking of the colors however, so I grabbed a few other minis off the shelf to paint up as a distraction:

First up is a bounty hunter I've named Arweeth Ayr. He's from from Anvil Industries Alien Bounty Hunter line. Honestly he's the model that sold me on the group. I had my buddy print him up right away... and finally settled on some colors and sat down to print him. Since he's an alien I went with a sort of Monsters Inc / icy look. I figured the fluffy look helps him bluff his way into spots to track down his marks. He's a brilliant model, if a bit larger than what I normally paint. I had a lot of fun painting him, and now I need to come up with some scenarios for him to play in! 

"A sock! RUN!"


"Help?"

Second was a loader bot I've dubbed LB-07. It's from Satyr Studio's Teamsters line, and technically it's supposed to have a dwarf driving it. I picked up a second as I just wanted the bot alone just like the original it was modeled after. I went with orange and blue industrial vibe, with some weathering. It came out a bit darker than I intended, but I'm still happy with it. 


Third was this Gladiatorial Robot sculpted by Drew of Satyr Studio; but bought from an online miniatures group. It's based on a piece of art from Rogue Trader. I knew immediately I wanted to do a two color heraldry look. While looking for inspiration I went back to the original art, and decided to paint it up just like the black and white photo. Turned out really well if I do say so myself! The pink ball and chain had to be done - because "One shall stand, and one shall fall"

Finally, I painted up this 3D printed Soldier found on Cults 3D. It was a sample "Solaryn Dragoon" sample by user QM3D that I really only had printed up as a practice print/practice painting piece. While I really like the model, I really don't have a use for a bunch more. Hopefully sharing it will help spread the word for this user. I painted it up in some more traditional coloring for your scifi solders fighting on some far flung world. The only thing I didn't like was his coat... it's supposed to be tan, but looks a bit yellow. Not the worst look though! 




Next up: more apes!

4 comments:

  1. I like the all! The big blue bloke is great: the light brown skin and blue fur work really well together. I think he's one of your best. I remember that Rogue Trader robot very well. There's something very 40k about giving a high-tech robot a ball and chain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toby! I was really happy with how the colors panned out. Makes me want to paint his companions soon with more bright colors.

      HA! That ball and chain on a robot is super Rogue Trader for sure!

      Delete
  2. What a buch of cool stuff! The bounty hunter is awesome, though I have kind of a soft spot for the RT robot. Great job on all of them, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome looking collection! I think your painting is improving in leaps and bounds each time you post and I love the latest trio!

    They've got absolutely tons of character!

    ReplyDelete