Monday, August 1, 2022

Dunger Crossing

 Citizens take warning! This area is a known path for wild Dungers. While normally docile, Dungers can be very dangerous if provoked. It is recommended that you steer clear of them for safety. Thank you for your cooperation. 

Great models full of character!
Spent some time visiting family recently, and so the next Summer of Eldar models aren't quite ready yet. While you wait here are some more models I finished while waiting for others to dry. 

Dungers! 

Last year I was looking for some odds and ends for projects, and ran across Ramshakle Games. If you haven't had the pleasure please go take a look. It's a small business that has a ton of great parts for all sorts, as well as full models that fit perfectly with some of my collection. What really drew me in was a civilian tank I wanted for my collection. I figure it will make a great piece for the table as terrain or an objective. Since I was ordering from overseas I made sure to pack out my order and couldn't resist adding on some Dungers. 

Started too bright. Like how he dulled down.


I absolutely love the expressions on these guys!. They have a sort of muppet look to them, which is fine with me since I'm a muppet of a man. Since they are alien beasts on my table, I ended up saying there's no reason to follow any sort of real life animal pattern. So as you can see I just had a lot of fun with colors. It was an excuse for just messing around with contrast colors. 

He's blue daba de.


What is on his head?!

Didn't notice the fuzz until I posted the pic.

Speaking of contrast colors, I picked up a few new ones. I wanted to test them out for a future project, so I grabbed this civilian from Crooked Dice Game Studio. I picked him up as part their Colony 87 kickstarter last year. An absolutely fantastic range of models for anyone who loves the Rogue Trader days. I think he'll end up as a bartender, because every good town needs a bar.

"What are you drinking?"

Last note, I played a game! My buddy found a copy of Space Marine Adventures: Doomsday Countdown on clearance. It was worth the price just for the miniatures, but I gave the game a chance and played with my nephew. Turns out it's a fun and quick game; just the thing for a 14 year old with a short attention span. It's essentially a very light version of Space Hulk, and that's just perfect for me. Glad to have it in the collection!

Didn't take pics of the game... so here's the box!


10 comments:

  1. Ramshackle does have some great stuff. I like how your Dungers turned out. I've started mine as a boring brown......maybe I'll get some more in the future for some bold colour experimentation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with brown! All depends on the vibe you are going for. I envision my world to have wacky alien nonsense; so the colors flew. That said I recommend more for color testing. They are a lot of fun to paint!

      Delete
  2. Love the Dungers!

    The colours are fantastic and I've found that Curtis's sculpts have tons of character that almost paint themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great! I'm looking forward to some more of the stuff I bought now!

      Delete
  3. Love the color schemes on the Dungers! They are such a great addition to any tabletop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks airbornegrove, and thank you for highlighting them. I think your blog was the first I saw them. I have quite a few more to join the herd.

      Delete
  4. Cool! I love them! Ramshackle have quite interesting stuff and I've always found Curtis to be like the nicest guy when dealing. I love the paintjobs, specially considering that you dared to do stripes and stuff, wow! The Colony87 is also lovely, I have my own pack still waiting to be painted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber. Yeah, I figured lets have fun and see what we can do with different techniques and see what sort of patterns I can make. Had fun and learned a few things. The bartender was fun to paint too. I'm looking forward to painting up some more!

      Delete
  5. I like the dungers, particularly the blue guy! I've bought stuff from Ramshackle before and found some of their vehicle parts really good. That Colony guy reminds me of Moebius' pictures. Really nice painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toby! I really need to get to that vehicle that caused me to purchase from them in the first place... Maybe I'll do that for September's "terrain" piece.

      Delete