Friday, July 8, 2022

Not So Lost Cargo

Painted more shipping containers, and a piece of a ship's hull. Had some fun with some Tamiya masking tape and Army Painters Rust effects paint. IMHO the Tamiya tape is definitely worth the money for miniatures over painters tape. Rust paint worked great too! Not much more to say, so enjoy:

Did you know over 3000 shipping containers were lost at sea last year?

More photo's after the jump.

Made the middle look like a replacement piece over a blaster scorch. 


The Ticonderoga Deep Space Salvage Company doesn't take good care of their containers. 




Wanted the pattern to flow when the boxes were stacked. 

Binary Transports was the shipping company we ran in a Star Wars RPG. 


A company that cares for it's assets. 

My buddy gave me a can of purple spray since I have marines that color. First use: this crate. 

Come on down to crate-town! 

6 comments:

  1. These are cool. I really like the weathering. The stripes and colouring make them look interesting. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toby! I was really happy with how they came out.

      Delete
  2. The subtle rust effects really are beautiful. And the colours have such pop. These are going to light up whatever table you put them on, Hobbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matthew, very kind words. I'm not a huge fan of the grimdark; so most of my stuff has a lot more color in it. Makes me happier.

      Delete
  3. Oh, wow, these are lovely! Beware, painting crates and containers is addictive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suber! It is. My friend and I are talking about making cratecity. I'm well on my way.

      Delete